If you're new here, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Thanks for visiting!

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

It wasn't Meant to Be


Yesterday I got my hair cut. I’ve been growing it out over the past several months and went in just for a trim. You know, clean it up a bit. A few weeks ago, though, when my hair was looking nicely unkempt and shaggy, I was running an errand after lunch and overheard a couple of guys talking about me outside the Best Buy. “Hey, isn’t that the guy from that movie? You know, the one about the three friends who get into trouble in Vegas.”

It was both exciting and awkward hearing someone talk about me and my hair. The movie they referred to, The Hangover, had just won a Golden Globe award and I assumed they mistook me to be Bradley Cooper. He’s tall and handsome and I slowed my pace to hear more.

It is my habit to shave no more than twice a week, generally on Sunday mornings before church, then again on Wednesday or Thursday depending on my mood. It’s not uncommon for me to shave only once though and this was one of those weeks. My beard fills in fairly quickly and by Friday my stubble tends to look more like a beard.

This was a Friday and my beard and I listened as the second guy added, “Yeah I figured he had that beard just for the movie.”

It seemed I wasn’t being mistaken for Bradley Cooper at all rather for Zach Galifianakis. I haven’t seen the movie but with previews playing round the clock I’ve become familiar with his character. He’s the short chubby one and I felt completely deflated.

It seems my hair isn’t the only thing that needs a trim.

5 comments:

linda March 31, 2010 at 12:47 PM  

oh give me a break - you are way better looking than Bradley Cooper and no one would mistake you for that slobby fat guy.

David,  March 31, 2010 at 1:29 PM  

Might be a valid comparison. Christian, how is the 6 pack coming?

Muno March 31, 2010 at 5:19 PM  

I think you look fab! Oh, then there is the part of your face you keep forgetting to shave, that little "hair" thing, but other than that-fab it is--not flab, just fab!

David,  March 31, 2010 at 7:35 PM  

We need some objective opinions. One from Wife and one from Mom may not cut it!

Christian Darby April 1, 2010 at 11:02 AM  

The six pack is more of a case but not yet a keg.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

My name is Christian Darby and I'm a clothing designer. I tend to run into oddly interesting people and write about it, here in my blog. I also do a 'research & review' section each Friday where I cover different random topics.