If you're new here, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Thanks for visiting!

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Angels watching over


It’s not my habit to snap pictures with my camera phone while driving. Today, though, on my commute into work I recognized a woman I used to work with. One thing led to another and I snapped a picture.

She’s a pattern maker and five or so years ago we worked together on the Nike basketball line. Her name is Ella and she’s Russian, accent and all. We were talking about our children when she surprised me with her feelings toward her only daughter. “She is devil, that one,” she said. “13 years old and becoming 23. I hate her.”

“Hate her?” I asked. And then I followed it up because she seemed so sincere. “Hate?”

“Yes. I do. I hate her. She is devil child.” It was uncomfortable and made me wonder who in the relationship was really the devil.

What surprised me when I saw the car she drove was her apparent turnaround. Notice the bumper sticker, and the Jesus fish, and the license plate surround, "Angels are watching over me."

2 comments:

Rob,  December 17, 2009 at 8:03 AM  

Um...blur the reflection too.

David,  December 17, 2009 at 11:12 AM  

I was driving past a car once that had a bumper sticker that read: "Honk if you Love Jesus"

As I drove past, I honked. She then gave me the middle finger.

Sadly, she must have been driving a friend's car.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

My name is Christian Darby and I'm a clothing designer. I tend to run into oddly interesting people and write about it, here in my blog. I also do a 'research & review' section each Friday where I cover different random topics.