If you're new here, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Thanks for visiting!

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Brotherly Love

So I was in Costco the other day taking care of a bit of business. The stalls there are enameled grey and stop about 7 or 8 inches from the floor. Next to me was a young kid who was spending his time divided between beating a rhythm out on our shared wall and talking to his younger brother who was playing in the sinks. From what I could tell the younger brother was bored, passing the time by systematically turning on each of the automatic faucets.

It was the older one, though, that confused me by calling out, “Hurry up Danny.” Danny replied that he was hurrying and for his brother to be patient.

“I am hurrying, John. I’ve got to get it right though so just be quiet or I’ll leave.” This was answered by more vigorous wall pounding.

A few more seconds passed and then I noticed a tightly balled up paper towel roll under my door, landing just on my side of the wall between our stalls. A small hand quickly reached under and grabbed it. “Oooh thanks Danny. And it’s a warm one!”

“Told you,” replied Danny.

I have three brothers. I love each of them. I have three brothers-in-law on my side and four on Linda's side. I love each of them. I will never, ever do this for you. Ever.

8 comments:

David,  December 2, 2009 at 10:27 AM  

First: taking a dump at Walmart. Priceless.

Second: For the first time in my life I am happy that I was an only child (well, still am actually).

Seriously well written and I am still chuckling. Keep 'em coming.

Christian Darby December 2, 2009 at 10:49 AM  

First: Everyone Poops

Second: Thanks for the compliment.

David,  December 2, 2009 at 11:29 AM  

And to think I thought you shopped at Walmart. Edit: Costco.

linda December 2, 2009 at 11:54 AM  

i can't figure out exactly who was doing what - I think I will need this explained at home.

second -I agree with David. Why do you need to tell people the where and when? gross.

Christian Darby December 2, 2009 at 12:37 PM  

I don't recall any 'When' and the 'Where' seemed important from a context sort of view.

David,  December 2, 2009 at 1:03 PM  

Linda - you may have mistaken my initial post. I am a Man. Which means that I found Christian's experience not strange, but in fact, most probable. I have had complete strangers start a discussion about world politics with me standing at the urinal. Standing NEXT to me at the urinal. I became so stunned that I forgot what I was doing there in the first place and left without finishing. Of course not without providing my political viewpoint first (that is a Man thing to do as well).

Christian is right - everyone poops. Except Women. ;)

linda December 2, 2009 at 3:50 PM  

this is why I tell my children (girls!) that boys are gross and stinky. It doesn't seem to matter how old you are, you are gross. Farts in water bottles, covered wagons, etc. gross.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

My name is Christian Darby and I'm a clothing designer. I tend to run into oddly interesting people and write about it, here in my blog. I also do a 'research & review' section each Friday where I cover different random topics.