If you're new here, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Thanks for visiting!

Monday, October 26, 2009

Busy, busy, busy.

I’ve been horribly busy the past two weeks and on top of that, I’ve been sick. But who isn’t busy? Linda has had her hands full with four sick girls, all down with the swine flu. And let’s be honest after the first day of having children home from school the charm wears off and it’s work, work, work.

My five year old, Gabrielle, got a mild case and was only home from school a few days the week before last. She’s small for her age but has this inner confidence, which comes out occasionally in the form of shouted demands. “I don’t want to go to bed right now. I want to eat,” or “I’m working on something special, leave me alone!” And then she’ll follow it with a little stomp. For effect. She’s like a pint-sized general, really, which is what I call her sometimes. Just for fun, which in turn makes her mad and stomp again. “Don’t call me that, Dad. I’m not a general.”

On the afternoon of her return to school she insisted Linda walk her in to her kindergarten class. Normally Gabrielle is independent preferring to walk in from the parking lot on her own but it seems there’d been a homework assignment given while she was out. Writing the letter “N” a few times on a page or something or other. She’d worked hard to get it done and wanted Linda to walk in to be sure she got credit for her work.

So sure, I’ve been busy and even a bit sick, but so has my five year old. Sorry I’ve been away.

1 comments:

graham October 26, 2009 at 4:29 PM  

Thank you for acknowledging that we are all busy. After all we choose right? Keep writing the killer posts so I can take a min out of my day for a good laugh or a good review.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

My name is Christian Darby and I'm a clothing designer. I tend to run into oddly interesting people and write about it, here in my blog. I also do a 'research & review' section each Friday where I cover different random topics.