If you're new here, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Thanks for visiting!

Friday, November 20, 2009

Airsoft

“Corn. What’s up?” This is how I begin pretty much every conversation I have with my younger brother Graham. He begins the same way with me. Conversations used to begin with “cornhole” which was an abbreviation of “cornholio” and that, somehow, came from the days of Beavis and Butthead mixed with the fact that Graham’s middle name is Thorne. So Thorne became Corn and it’s just stuck.

“Corn. I need a new airsoft gun; something more powerful than the spring-loaded one I own now. I’m looking at either CO2 or Gas powered.”

I’ve been researching airsoft guns lately in preparation for the upcoming holidays where a bunch of friends and I get together with some of the teenagers from my church and spend an hour or so shooting each other in a darkened gymnasium. It’s a nice opportunity to take a bit of aggression out on the punks I attend service with and since Graham is into this sort of thing, I’ve been calling him a lot lately for advice. He and our brother Trevor run an online knife company and I also figured with their connections they might be able to help me out with a deal.


It’s Trevor’s company and though they work together, sitting a few feet from one another all day every day, to an outsider they appear almost as independent contractors and if I’d never visited I would have imagined they worked in completely separate offices. My phone calls with either one tend to go like this, “Well, is Trevor there right now? He is? Well then why don’t you just ask him for me?”

“Just call him,” Graham will say.

“Really?” I’ll ask. “But he’s right there. Like 4 feet away.”

“Yeah, just call him.”

So this is what I’m up against if I’m hoping to score a deal on a new gun. I’ll keep you posted.

2 comments:

Trevor November 20, 2009 at 10:10 AM  

It is at least six feet. Maybe seven

David,  November 20, 2009 at 11:55 AM  

I'm still waiting for two e-mail replies from Trevor. Maybe I sent them to Graham?

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

My name is Christian Darby and I'm a clothing designer. I tend to run into oddly interesting people and write about it, here in my blog. I also do a 'research & review' section each Friday where I cover different random topics.