If you're new here, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Thanks for visiting!

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Tomorrow's Tomorrow and Beyond


I took a fairly long Christmas vacation this year making my return to work all that more difficult. I’m not generally know for tidy living so when things got hectic around the office leading up to my break my design space went way beyond slightly messy. I spent the morning yesterday cleaning and rearranging then took it a step further and cleaned up Ashmarlin.

You’ll notice I updated the logo and added a few features. First, down on your left I added a follower section. It’s pretty easy to sign up and follow and while I don’t think there is a maximum number of followers you may want to sign up soon. Then, on the right, I added a link button. This is for those really dedicated Ashmarlin readers who want to put a link on their own blog or website. It’s easy, just copy the code below the Ashmarlin button and paste it into an HTML page element on your blog or site.

Now, when it comes to the New Year, 2010, I feel like things are looking up. Like there’s a lot to look forward to. Around home, we’ve been discussing whether we’ll call it two thousand ten or twenty ten. I’m not sure about you but we’re leaning toward two thousand ten. We’ve also heard a couple other options, which we’re for sure not going to use. The other day I got a voice mail asking for some calendar info for twenty thousand and ten (20,010)? And then yesterday, while discussing the topic in class, one of Gretchen’s teachers actually threw out, “I personally like two hundred thousand ten rather than twenty ten.” Really? 200,010? You’re teaching the children of tomorrow and apparently hoping to teach the children of like, tomorrow’s, tomorrow’s, infinity tomorrow.

So while we’re all waiting for the 198,000 some odd years or so, take a minute and sign up to follow Ashmarlin. Then pass it on to a few friends, which is also easy, just click the little envelope at the bottom of any post and send away.

3 comments:

David,  January 5, 2010 at 9:47 AM  

My daughter was having some issue with division. Concerned, I contacted her teacher by e-mail and asked her how she was teaching division so that I could assist my daughter in her understanding. The teacher's reply was that she used things found in the kitchen - nuts, raisons, pieces of pasta, candy, etc.

Gotta love the 'new math.' Happy two thousand and infinity.

linda January 5, 2010 at 12:50 PM  

don't get me started on our daughter's math teacher. ugh. I told my family I am going to refer to it as 2K10. It's so bad it just might be great.

Christian Darby January 5, 2010 at 2:17 PM  

I love the idea of grabbing whatever is handy for explaining math. I can see it now, "Well here are 17 raisins and 43 cashews. Let's talk about calculus, Johnny."

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

My name is Christian Darby and I'm a clothing designer. I tend to run into oddly interesting people and write about it, here in my blog. I also do a 'research & review' section each Friday where I cover different random topics.