If you're new here, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Thanks for visiting!

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Blowing Minds On The Links


I’ve been traveling this week leaving me with little time to post. Yesterday I spent the day going from golf course to golf course visiting with club pros and various buyers about their likes and dislikes in the apparel market. While those who enjoy the sport might find this to be more like a vacation, for me it’s one of the most boring parts of my job. I’m in Dallas Texas and yesterday spent time at both Colonial Country Club and Shady Oaks Country Club, which if you’re a golfer means something. The fact that Ben Hogan considered Shady Oaks his home club and won numerous times at Colonial would also carry meaning. But for me, these facts hold little interest and when they ask if I’m interested in playing a round, “On the house” I turn them down.

“You did what?” my younger brother asks then laughs. “Bandon Dunes asked if you wanted to play and you turned them down? Ha, Ha, they’ve NEVER heard that before. You must blow their minds.”

“Yeah, you might be right,” I guessed then added, “And I’m sure Torrey Pines, Rhode Island Country Club and Westchester Country Club haven’t heard that either.”

Yesterday I added a few more blown minds to my list.

6 comments:

Anonymous,  February 11, 2010 at 8:35 AM  

Turn down a session at Torrey Pines, YES...turn down a surf session with Tom Curren, NO

Cameron Creek February 11, 2010 at 12:35 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous,  February 12, 2010 at 2:59 PM  

I am in your mom and sister's ward. I have loved your blogs they make my day. I have laughed out loud at times, but today you made me want to cry.

Christian Darby February 12, 2010 at 6:32 PM  

Teary anonymous,

I'm glad you enjoy my blog. I can't think of a better compliment than hearing I've made someone laugh out loud. Often as I'm writing I begin laughing and can't stop. People are weird and funny and so entertaining.

I really should take up golf.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

My name is Christian Darby and I'm a clothing designer. I tend to run into oddly interesting people and write about it, here in my blog. I also do a 'research & review' section each Friday where I cover different random topics.