If you're new here, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Thanks for visiting!

Monday, February 1, 2010

Who's the pig now?


A few months ago I wrote about a contest I participated in during my college years. I was a freshman at the time, yet still, to this day, I don’t completely see what was so bad about going a few weeks without washing my hair. “I still showered every day,” I explained to Linda when first describing the contest. “I’m not even going to respond to that,” is what I think her response was.

A week ago I was talking with my brother Graham and the topic of cars came up. For some reason or another he was describing the interior of his car, leaving me speechless in the process. “I mean seriously,” he said, “I’m the only one who ever drives it so why clean it.”

“Umm,” and before I could put actual words together he continued.

“I haven’t touched the inside of this baby in a good 6 months. And that includes cleaning any of the garbage out of it.” Graham spends a good portion of his job on the road and eats lunch from drive-through restaurants. I told him I couldn’t imagine what the back seat looks like and he responded, “Yeah and you should see what’s puddled in my coin tray. Whatever it is, it’s congealed.”

When Graham got married each sibling was asked to give a gift along with a reason or short story explaining the nature of the gift. I gave his wife a horse shovel explaining that when Graham’s side of the room became piled so high she couldn’t find the bed, she could break out the shovel and go to town. She was young and still in the honeymoon phase of the relationship but I saw a look of terror flash in her eyes. I can’t imagine what she thinks of his car.

5 comments:

graham February 1, 2010 at 10:54 AM  

I just want to know the calorie content of my coin tray. I bet I have a least 500 to 600 calories of crumbs alone not including the fries stuck in between the seats. Perfect if I ever get stranded.

Ryan February 1, 2010 at 10:58 AM  

My brother visited the other day and borrowed my car, then washed it. He got the congealed stuff out of my coin tray too.

Christian, I love the blog, especially since Graham doesn't blog outside of product reviews.

Christian Darby February 1, 2010 at 11:01 AM  

Ryan, Glad you're here - thanks. Hmmm, not only does your brother wash your car but he actually visits. Must be nice.

linda February 1, 2010 at 3:49 PM  

I have seen Graham's car. he would have loved the no showering, no hair washing contest.

graham February 1, 2010 at 4:24 PM  

Linda no need to wait for a contest. I only wash my hair once a week(or less) anyway. Thats why it looks so killer.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

My name is Christian Darby and I'm a clothing designer. I tend to run into oddly interesting people and write about it, here in my blog. I also do a 'research & review' section each Friday where I cover different random topics.