If you're new here, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Thanks for visiting!

Friday, February 26, 2010

Dave Matthews Band


I like the Dave Matthews Band and a year ago Linda and I had a chance to see them in Phoenix. As much as I enjoy them, Linda absolutely loves them. Sometimes I wonder if she listens to anyone else.

A few weeks ago we learned DMB will be performing in UT this summer during the same week we plan to be there visiting family. Then a few days ago we learned the concert would be free, which meant getting tickets would be near impossible. My brother Graham, who lives there, is also a huge fan so I called him and began making plans for getting tickets. “OK, so if you go to the actual venue location and wait in line while Linda and I simultaneously get online our chances are better,” I said.

He agreed and over the next few days the two of us refined our plans. He added his wife Devri to the equation but we both agreed he and I would need to spearhead the operation. “They’ll be able to each man computers but you know we’ll have to get them all set up for this to work. It’ll really be up to you and I,” I added. Graham agreed wholeheartedly.

Tickets were scheduled to go on sale this morning at 9:00 am - my time, 10:00 am - his time. At this point in the morning I found myself standing in front of an army of sales reps pitching the newest color stories for the Tiger Woods Collection and had completely forgotten about the concert. Graham, it seems, had completely forgotten as well.

At 8:55 am each of us received text messages from Linda asking about getting tickets. Neither of us responded.

At 9:00 am sharp we again received text messages announcing tickets had been secured. Neither of us had anything to do with this.

How awesome is my wife!

3 comments:

linda February 26, 2010 at 11:19 AM  

The best!!! She is also SO good looking. You are really lucky!!! Can't wait for the concert. This year I am going to be a concert t-shirt and cut off the sleeves - will that be embarrassing?

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

My name is Christian Darby and I'm a clothing designer. I tend to run into oddly interesting people and write about it, here in my blog. I also do a 'research & review' section each Friday where I cover different random topics.