If you're new here, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Thanks for visiting!

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Protect the Target


In sports like Soccer and Basketball it’s not uncommon to see a player assume a defensive position, arms down, hands cupped together below the waist in an effort to provide some additional protection of “things”. This is a protective move reserved for the male players of these sports, naturally.

The other day I ran into Target and after getting what I needed, stepped into the bathroom. In this particular Target the men’s room is located at the front of the store to the right of the main entrance. It’s situated around the corner at the end of a narrow hallway. As I came around the corner on my way out I nearly ran into a woman, apparently on her way in. She had medium length dirty blond hair pulled back into a braid and wore an oversized red Target vest. She also had on extra acid washed jeans cut from the 90’s with a high waist, baggy through the hip and thigh then tapered tight around the ankles.

I must have startled her and was shocked when I noticed she pulled into the two-handed protective stance reserved for soccer and sometimes basketball. As I walked away, though, I became troubled. What exactly was this woman expecting me to do? And why did this move come so naturally?

3 comments:

Trevor February 3, 2010 at 10:59 AM  

Just be glad she was thinking defense instead of offense

David,  February 3, 2010 at 12:14 PM  

I am thinking you were in the woman's bathroom instead. When you came out that was her way of suggesting to you to check your 'goods' as you were in the wrong place.

linda February 3, 2010 at 3:10 PM  

are you sure it was a "she"?

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

My name is Christian Darby and I'm a clothing designer. I tend to run into oddly interesting people and write about it, here in my blog. I also do a 'research & review' section each Friday where I cover different random topics.