If you're new here, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Thanks for visiting!

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Changing

As a clothing designer I spend about 70% of my time in meetings. Linda often wonders as we catch up at the end of the day, “What can you possibly meet about all day long? And how are you supposed to design if you’re stuck in meetings that much?” I spend half of the remaining 30% of my workday wondering the same thing.

Today I attended a meeting called by a woman I’ve met with several times before, but not recently. Her name is Sue and the last time I saw her she had long brown hair worn down in a sort of uncontrolled mess. It seemed to fit her valley-girl accent and loose fitting, earthy style clothing. I actually found myself looking to see if she wore shoes the first time we were introduced. She did.

Today, though in our meeting I didn’t recognize Sue right away. She still wore her hair down, long and messy. And she still wore the earthy styled look, though this time rather than hanging slack and wrinkled, her clothes were drawn tight against her now bulging frame. It has only been 4 months or so since I last saw this woman and I was caught off guard by such a dramatic change.

My design work is seasonal, requiring me to work feverishly four times a year producing four collections. We’ve recently kicked off a new season meaning I should be taking advantage of every spare minute and working my way through the collection. Seeing Sue in such a state of change threw me off and has me distracted. I’ve been there before, or at least felt that way until I found the ultimate solutions.

I’ve decided beginning Tuesday I’ll post a selection from my journal documenting my discovery of this little weight loss miracle and how it impacted my life.

Remember - tomorrow is Research & Review Friday.

1 comments:

Trevor August 27, 2009 at 1:47 PM  

Nice tease--I may need the secret earlier. Hook a brother up.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

My name is Christian Darby and I'm a clothing designer. I tend to run into oddly interesting people and write about it, here in my blog. I also do a 'research & review' section each Friday where I cover different random topics.